Domain Names - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: AM I ALREADY PROTECTED ON THE INTERNET IF I HAVE A BUSINESS NAME OR A LIMITED COMPANY?
No, the Internet is totally separate in this regard. The only way to protect your interest is to register a domain name, effectively taking it off the market. Domain names are registered on a 'first come first served' basis.
Q: WHICH DOMAIN SUFFIX SHOULD I CHOOSE?
The majority of popular suffixes are available to anyone (business or personal). Some are classed as International domains such as .com, .org and .net and others are classed as UK domains such as .co.uk and .org.uk. There is no real difference in their function as all are visible from anywhere in the world. However, the international ones can signify a more international bias in business and the UK ones, a UK bias. The most popular domain suffixes at present in the UK are probably .com and .co.uk, although all the previously mentioned suffixes are also widely used for both business and personal use.
Q: HOW MUCH WILL A DOMAIN NAME COST ME?
All domain names are £30 per annum
Q: WHAT DO I GET FOR THIS FEE?
The fee covers:
- The Registration of the Domain Name - All names are fully working and held on duplicate servers to prevent breakdown.
- Free Searches of the Domain Name - Unlimited free searches to find the right domain name for your business.
- A Free Web Page - We will create a free web page on the Internet to give your business an immediate presence.
- No Charges to move your domain name.
- No Charges to cease your domain name. We will issue an annual renewal notice for you to choose to act upon or cancel without charge.
- Email Forwarding - this would enable you to advertise your domain name as your email address i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org, which will then be forwarded onto an email address you may already use i.e. email@example.com.
- Web Site Forwarding - You can use our forwarding facility so that visitors to www.yourname.co.uk actually go to www.yourothersite.co.uk. Your original domain will stay in the address bar and your visitors will never know.
- Full Control - If you want to move your domain to another ISP you can do so with no extra charge (note that if you do this you will not be able to use the e-mail or website forwarding)
Q: If I choose your free website package how long will it take to set up my website?
Your website will be set up immediatley
Q: WHO WILL OWN THE DOMAIN NAME?
You will be the owner of the domain name as long as you pay the annual fees.
Q: Can I have extra email addresses if I need them?
Yes, you can purchase an additional 5 e-mail addresses for £15 when ever you require them.
Q: Can I acquire extra web pages if I need it?
Yes, further web pages can be purchased for £5 per page per quarter.
Q: Can I access my control panel for my e-mails and website?
We can supply you with details to your access your control panels. We will then provide you with a username and password so you may access your e-mails and website.
Q: I want to receive payments through my website, is this possible?
Yes, we can offer a shopping cart facility whereby payments can be received through your website.
Q: I am not very technically minded, do I have to add the information to the website myself?
No, we will design your website for you but you will have access to your website via a control panel if you wish to edit it in the future or we can edit it for you.
Q: How will you let me know when my domain name is due to expire?
We will contact you in writing approximately 4 weeks prior to the due date.
If you have any queries, questions or complaints regarding any of our services, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling freephone 0800 069 9090. We will respond to you within 2 business days.