Registering Business Names
Deciding on your business name is one of the key parts of setting up a business and we know exactly how important and exciting this step can be. After all, with an estimated 10 million UK businesses already out there, choosing a name can prove to be a difficult first step. This is where National Business Register can make this process simple and show you exactly what business names are already out there. Using our free search facility will take seconds and give you all the information you need on making that all important decision. After all, your business name is your business!
You’ve found a name, what’s next?
After using our free search facility to filter out through our vast database, you’ve found the name you want, congratulations are in order, but what’s the next step? It couldn’t be simpler, and you have two options to move forward. Either click on the Apply Online button or download our easy to fill application form.
It’s important to remember that when going through business names and choosing, that it is not deemed unlawful or contain any restricted words, details of which can be found within National Business Register website.
Once you have found your business name and applied online or by application form, it will be added to our database which will ensure that this doesn’t get taken in the meantime by a competitor. As long as it meets our legal requirements, you will also receive a certificate of incorporation including full company documents.
All the information your need is here on National Business Register and will help guide you through any uncertainties you may have during the process.
What Are the Benefits of registering business names with National Business Register?
As well as being a simple process to apply for business names, National Business Register has several benefits you’ll want to know to give you confidence in our service.
- The search facility is comprehensive enough to keep up to date with the ever-changing business landscape. As well as the 10 million business names out there already, the fact there is an estimated 25000 more every month being added underlines the importance of a trusted database service.
- When your business name is registered with us it comes with a guarantee that if we accept it during application, it will meet all the necessary statutory requirements. If the business name you decide on includes a word or expression deemed restricted, we will obtain permission for it using Formal Statutory Permission or recommend to you an alternative.
- We will protect your business from ‘Passing Off’, the process of which will stop your business name from being copied, and in the event of this the National Business Register will pay all litigation costs to protect your business name.
- We will provide your business with free unlimited legal and tax advice, all provided by our confidential helpline service.
- A guarantee that no other business will be registered under your chosen business name once we have added it to our register, under that name within your chosen market area.
- Information updates in UK and EU legislation when necessary through our National Business Register newsletter.
- A certificate of registration that complies with Section 1200-1206 Companies Act 2006, meaning peace of mind after registering any business names.
What does it cost to use National Business Register for business names?
To be a member of the National Business Register costs an annual membership of £80 (plus VAT) and includes initial name searches, a display certificate, protection against ‘Passing Off’ and obtains formal statutory permission if needed. You still have access to all the free information provided through our website to help the National Business Register support your business going forward.
REGISTER NOW DOWNLOAD FORM